Friday, September 25, 2009


Another entry in the continuing quest for the handbag. This is the Chloe Paddington. Note the giant padlock. Chloe's designer is Stella McCartney, Paul's daughter. I have always loved this bag and for many months, tried to acquire one on ebay.
Two problems with that: you never know if they are authentic, and you don't quite know what condition it is in. There are reputable dealers but there are horror stories from people who have bought them at high end retailers at full retail only to find that they had received a fake. And there are lots of fakes. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. There is a great blog dedicated to helping you not get ripped off(purseblog.com) and help verify if your bag is authentic. To circumvent this problem, I have decided that when it is time to purchase ( in 302 days or so), I will do all I can to avoid the fake and buy in person. Probably in Vegas. Another benefit to the quest.
So I actually did ride the exercise bike this week. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. This can only mean two things. Either I am in better shape than I think I am, or I wasn't doing it hard enough. I'm thinking it was the latter. Finding time to ride is a challenge. I don't have regular day job. I work nights, weekends, and all shift in between. Sometimes early, sometimes late. This week I was squeezing it in when I could. My best option is to get up 1/2 hour earlier than usual. Problem is, I like to sleep. I guess I will just have to keep dreaming of handbags....

No comments:

Post a Comment